Have you ever imagined taking a sitting posture while envisioning a seat perfectly in place to cushion your weight and prevent you from slipping and falling to the ground?
Now that’s exactly what acting in faith is all about i.e. bringing about the reality that we hope for from the evidence of things we cannot see. No wonder acting in faith can make us appear foolish.
Interestingly, that’s exactly how God wants us to relate with Him — foolishly. For example, God instructed Abraham to sacrifice his only son, following his many years of childlessness! How much more foolish could Abraham have been? But that act of obedience earned him the title “the father of faith”.
Having faith in God is one of the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Though easy to express, the results can be extremely powerful.
WHAT CAN FAITH DO?
Unwavering faith in God can bring about absolutely any kind of result. The Bible is full of many examples illustrating the outcomes of the power of faith in God. Some of these include:
- The conception of Jesus Christ (Luke 1:38).
- Stoppage to a protracted menstrual cycle (Matthew 9:20-22).
- The downing of the walls of Jericho (Hebrews 11:30).
- The crossing of the Red Sea by the Israelites (Hebrews 11:29).
However, for our faith in God to become effective, we must first believe in His existentiality and His ability to do all things (Hebrews 11:6, Luke 1:37).
HOW TO OPERATE IN FAITH
It is important to understand that the ways of God are forever unchanging. This implies that the principles leveraged by the patriarch of faith still remain relevant in today’s world. Consequently, it is possible to ignite our faith in God as follows:
- Studying His word (Romans 10:17).
- Believing His word (Hebrews 11:6).
- Encouraging yourself through the testimonies of others (Revelation 12:11).
- Learning to exercise your faith (Luke 17:6).
Beloved, it is possible to live your life to the fullest through an unwavering faith in God.
HAPPY NEW MONTH!