GOD IS LIGHT
The Bible gave account of how the entire earth was shrouded in absolute darkness until God commanded light into existence (Genesis 1:1-3).
From that moment, light has always had unexplained dominion over darkness. The scripture attests to this thus ”And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not” (John 1:5). God himself is light (I John 1:5).
Sometimes, God permits His light to rob off on us and the effect can be powerful. One way to understand this effect, is to study the life of those who had come in close proximity to Him in the past. One of such persons is Moses (Exodus 34:29-35).
Following his encounter with God on Mount Sinai, the children of Israel couldn’t behold Moses’ face as usual because a glimpse of God’s light reflected on him for so many days.
SOME PROPERTIES OF LIGHT
Borrowing from our limited understanding of phenomena in physics, let’s attempt to explore a few properties of light that readily correlates with the nature of God.
- The principle of rectilinear propagation of light postulates that “light always travels in a straight line through any medium” (James 1:17).
- The law of reflection stipulates that, “on a plain mirror, a ray of light is reflected with an angle the same order of magnitude as the angle of incidence” (John 14:12).
- The law of refraction underscores the ability of light to bend when traveling between obstacles. In the same vein, God is able to accommodate your weakness (John 14:23).
SHINE GOD’S LIGHT
Having the understanding that God’s light can reflect on us should awaken every believer. So, make up your mind today to shine for Him as bright as possible. Below are a few ways to reflect God’s light nature:
- Be a person of integrity.
- Be flawless in your characters.
- Be guided by the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- Be an ambassador of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to serving God.
Beloved, no person comes close to God and remains the same.