WORK NEVER ENDS …
WORK NEVER ENDS and that’s the bitter truth. That is, so long as you’re alive, there’s always the propensity to do some work.
Labour was the punishment for mankind’s disobedience in the Garden of Eden – “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;” (Genesis 3:19). Thereafter, man has always toiled the earth, in search of his daily bread.
Unfortunately, the fast-paced world that we live in today have not made matters any easier. On the contrary, more and more people are increasingly finding themselves busier than ever.
This season, the Lord is offering you succour from your labour (Matthew 11:28-29). There’s need for you to relax and enjoy the good things that life has to offer.
CASE STUDY: ELIJAH
Today, we’ll be learning a few lessons from one of God’s ancient prophets – Elijah (I Kings 17). Just to set a bit of context:
- Elijah was one of the greatest prophets of God that ever lived. In fact, he was taken to heaven in a chariot of fire.
- Elijah was known to have performed one of the greatest miracles ever recorded in the Bible (I Kings 18: 38).
- Elijah was an extremely zealous servant of God.
Interestingly, for such a spiritually powerful person, it would have been unimaginable to see him “run out of gas”, tired. But his human frailties were brought to bare and all he needed was just REST (I Kings 19:3-8).
TAKE PRACTICAL STEPS
Beloved, a lot of us today are just like the modern Elijah. That is, we work so hard in our respective endeavours and yet find little or no time to rest. Perhaps it’s time for you to ponder on the following pertinent questions:
- Do you get adequate sleep?
- Do you eat good food (with the right balance of diets)?
- Do you intentionally create time for leisure?
- Do you go on holidays?
This season, the Lord wants you to invest some time looking after yourself. Seek Him today and find REST in Him.
HAPPY NEW MONTH!