WOMEN ARE PRECIOUS
Now the Lord God said, “It is not good (beneficial) for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [one who balances him—a counterpart who is] suitable and complementary for him.” (Genesis 2:18 AMP).
Women indeed represent a very special dimension of God. The Bible alludes to the fact that God created women for the following two principal reasons:
- To help complement man
- To help establish His promise of continuity post creation (Genesis 1:28).
The importance of these roles have made women irreplaceable in our current world. So, we’d like to dedicate this month to celebrate the Godly virtues that God has planted in women.
THE VIRTUOUS WOMAN
Even though every woman is different in her own right, the standard of God concerning women however remains unchanged. We list a few of the virtues that God expects of every woman (Proverbs 31:10-31):
- To be selfless and compassionate (vs 20).
- To be frugal with resources (vs 14).
- To be industrious (vs 13 -16).
- To be bring honour to her husband (vs 23).
- To fear the Lord (vs 30).
Women who demonstrate these virtues (and many more) indeed are rare and ought to be praised and celebrated. They are worth far more than rubies (vs 10b).
HELP THEM TO SUCCEED
Therefore, as you celebrate this year’s mother’s day, we’d like to encourage you to take a moment to acknowledge the women in your life by doing the following:
- Encourage them and re-affirm your love for them.
- Take practical steps in showing them how much they mean to you.
- Support them to become the virtuous women that God wants them to be.
- Most importantly, pray for them.
Join us this month as we explore the word of God on this subject.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!