JESUS LOVES CHILDREN
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14 NIV).
No doubt children hold a special place in God’s heart. As such, it’s imperative that parents and custodians of children alike understand this spiritual fact.
More so, God’s grand design for humanity according to Genesis 1:28 is largely predicated on continuity backed by the role that children would eventually occupy.
Therefore, parents are charged with the responsibility of training up their child(ren) in Godly ways (Proverbs 22:6). While this has the benefit of bringing God’s plans to fruition, the society at large will also enjoy the virtues that “well trained” children have to offer.
Unfortunately, having understood the role children have to play in God’s grand scheme of things, the devil is constantly working against training up children in Godly ways by:
- Taking the focus of parents away from their children.
- Creating a prevailing environment that supports divorce in modern societies.
- Proliferating social media platforms with “junk” contents that negate the basis for Godly parenting.
- Creating distractions that take the focus of children away from the ancient landmark i.e. the word of God.
FAILURE TO TRAIN THEM …
No doubt the consequences of failing to train up our children in Godly ways can be dire.
Sadly, the world continues to experience notable effects of dysfunctional child behaviours resulting in vices such as:
- Home-grown terrorism.
- Unwanted pregnancies.
- Societal nuisance and anti-social behaviours etc.
As a parent, be reminded that someday you’ll stand before God to give account of the stewardship of your child(ren).
Do you have a good report?