IT REALLY MATTERS …
” Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health …” — 3 John 1:2 (KJV).
No doubt God cares about every aspect of our lives. But our health and well-being takes precedence. This is because everything else revolves around it. For example, serving God, making a living, procreation etc. will become practically impossible or challenging if we’re not in the right physical and mental state.
No wonder God wants to remind us today on the need to be intentional about looking after our health and well-being.
He demonstrated this when He took some time off on the seventh day to recuperate from exertion following His creative works (Genesis 2:2).
Matters concerning our health and well-being, especially in modern times, are increasingly becoming important.
Unfortunately, many people still lack understanding on why their health has to take the central focus in their lives. They make up numerous excuses for neglecting their health and well-being. You’d probably have heard statements such as:
- I’m always too busy and hardly find time to go visit the doctor for medical check-up.
- I just have to work in order to make ends meet. I’ve got huge bills to be paid …
- I feel perfectly fine and do not see the need to visit a doctor. I’ll probably do so when I experience symptoms of sickness. But for now everything app hunky dory.
SOME PRACTICAL TIPS
God demonstrated an important practical step required to look after our health and well-being when He rested (Genesis 2:2).
Apart from resting, we’d also like to highlight a few other practical tips for looking after our health and well-being:
- Practice a healthy lifestyle: eat healthy foods, get enough sleep, exercise regularly, avoid drugs and alcohol, go for regular medical check-ups.
- Practice good hygiene: it helps to reduce the risk of illness,
- Build positive relationships.
- Try out new hobbies: dancing, watching a favorite movie, gardening, painting or reading etc.
Beloved, please always care for your health and well-being.