Greetings to you in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. By the special grace of the almighty God, the theme for this month shall be THE POWER OF CONSECRATION.
According to Romans 12:1-2, “consecration” is akin to “separation” and in this case, separation to God. That is, it means to be completely dedicated to God and everything that He represents. In other contexts, consecration could be used interchangeably for “holiness” or “righteousness”. Nevertheless, in a time like this, consecration has become an important requirement for distinguishing true servants or worshippers of God from those who pay lip service to Him, especially given the proliferation of belief systems that appear anathema to the foundational tenets enshrined in the personality of God.
WHY CONSECRATION IS IMPORTANT IN A TIME LIKE THIS?
No doubt the kingdom of God is under great attack from Satan and his cohorts in a time like this. As such, staying consecrated can guarantee that you do not fall prey to the antics of the devil viz:
- Demonstrating knowledge and passion for the word of God and using it to bring about reproof and correction of erroneous doctrines and teachings targeted towards discrediting your salvation (2 Timothy 2:15, 2 Timothy 3:16).
- Keeping yourself in check by not straying from the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5, 2 Timothy 2:19).
- Always ensuring that the world sees God through you.
This is important to:
- Help emphasize that His standards have not changed (Hebrews 13:8, Isaiah 40:8).
- Help restore the lost souls to God (Romans 10:13, John 14:6, Acts 2:21).
SOME BENEFITS OF CONSECRATION
There are numerous benefits associated with a consecrated lifestyle. Below are a few:
- God’s continual presence in your life (Genesis 28:15, Acts 10:38, Psalms 32:8).
- Fruitfulness and prosperity all year round (Psalms 1:1-3, Exodus 23:25).
- Divine protection from every satanic attack (Jeremiah 51:36, Isaiah 41:10).
We welcome you to join our Sunday services this month as we look deeper into THE POWER OF CONSECRATION.
Happy new month!
Yours in HIS service,